Dr Korana Musicki
BMedSci(Hons) MBBS(Hons) FRACS(Vasc)
Dr Korana Musicki is an experienced Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon. She offers a wide range of therapeutic options, including comprehensive medical management, contemporary minimally invasive techniques, as well as open surgery, for arterial and venous disease.
Dr Musicki has been dedicated throughout her education and training. Her degrees in Medical Science and Medicine/Surgery at the University of Sydney saw her attain the University Medal, Class I Honours and many other accolades. Her vascular surgery training through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons has taken her to major hospitals along the east coast of Australia, in Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney and Melbourne, as well as Oxford UK.
Dr Musicki remains passionate in her professional life. She currently teaches and trains the next generation of doctors and surgeons. She has published book chapters and articles in peer-reviewed journals. She often presents at local and international conferences.
Dr Musicki has a special interest in:
- Varicose veins (radiofrequency ablation, ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy);
- Deep vein thrombosis (thrombolysis, stenting, decompressive surgery);
- Peripheral vascular disease (angioplasty, stenting, bypass, thrombendarterectomy);
- Diabetic foot disease (prevention, wound care, debridement, revascularisation);
- Aortic aneurysms (endovascular stent-grafts, open repair, complex hybrid repair);
- Carotid disease (endarterectomy, selective stenting);
- Vascular access for dialysis (fistula creation/management, central catheters).
Dr Musicki maintains a communicative and conscientious practice. She is thorough in her assessments and management plans, and is committed to empowering patients through education. She is accessible to all treating practitioners and ensures timely correspondence.